Které nejčastější otázky pokládají zkoušející u ústní zkoušky z angličtiny na téma Washington D.C. a jak na ně odpovídat tak, abyste získali vynikající hodnocení. Připravili jsme seznam nejvíce frekventovaných otázek hodnotitelů pro maturitní okruh Ireland a vzory odpovědí na jedničku. Tak si je vyzkoušejte nanečisto v klidu a teple svého domova na mobilu či počítači.
Vypracované maturitní otázky Washington D.C. a vzorové odpovědi na jedničku
1. What is the difference between Washington and Washington D. C.? Tell me about it.
Washington is one of the 50 states, located in the north-west of the United States. Washington D.C. is the capital of the US, situated in the east of the USA.
2. What does the „D.C.“ stand for? Tell me about it.
The abbreviation D.C. stands for District of Columbia. It is not a state, but a federal district. In the past, it used to be part of Maryland.
3. Where is Washington D.C. situated? Tell me about it.
Washington D.C. is situated in the east of the United States. It lays on the Potomac River. It shares borders with the state of Virginia in the west, and with the state of Maryland in the east.
4. Is Washington the largest city in the United States? Why? / Why not?
No, the largest city in the United States by population is New York. There are less than 700,000 people living in the Washington D.C.
5. What is the climate like in Washington D.C. in summer and in winter? Tell me about it.
Summers in Washington D.C. are warm and winters mild. The average summer temperature is around 30C and 4C in winter. There is usually a light snowfall every winter.
6. Why is Washington D.C. an important city for the USA? Tell me about it.
Washington D.C. is quite special. It was established by the Constitution of the United States, in order to be the nation’s capital. All three branches of the US government are located there- president, the U.S. Supreme Court, Congress.
7. Which most important institutions are situated in Washington D. C.? Tell me about it.
Washington D.C. is a seat of many international organizations. Some of the most important ones are the World Bank Group, the American Red Cross, the International Monetary Fund, and the Organization of American States.
8. Why is the Capitol such an important building in Washington D.C.?
The Capitol building represents the American people and government. It is the seat of the legislative branch, home of the US Congress. The House of Representatives is located in the south wing and the Senate in the north wing.
9. What is the name of the seat of the American president? Tell me about it.
The seat of the American President is the White House. It is his official residence, and it has been to every US President ever since 1800.
10. What kind of monument is the Washington Monument? Tell me about it.
The Washington Monument is an obelisk. It is the world’s tallest stone structure (169m), built to honor the first President of the US, George Washington.
ČTĚTE TAKÉ: Maturitní otázky na téma USA
11. What is the Pentagon? Tell me about it.
The Pentagon is the headquarters of the US Department of Defense, located in Arlington, Virginia. It is the symbol of the US military. It is a five-sided building.
12. What is the population of Washington D.C.? Tell me about it.
The population of Washington D.C. is around 700,000. Almost half of the population is Black or African American. If it would be a state, it would be 49th in population.
13. Is there a subway in Washington D.C.? Tell me about it.
Yes, there is a metro in Washington D.C. It has 6 lines and 91 stations. Washington Metro is the third busiest metro in the US. It also goes to Maryland and to Virginia.
14. What do the symbols on the Washington flag symbolize? Tell me about it.
There are two horizontal red stripes and three red stars on a white background. The design is based on George Washington’s coat of arms of George Washington.
15. How would you travel to Washington D.C. from Prague? Tell me about it.
The only way how to get to Washington D.C. from Prague is by a plane. The flight tickets cost around 12,000CZK and there is at least one layover.
Proč by naše odpovědi získaly skvělé hodnocení u ústní zkoušky u maturity z angličtiny?
- Na otázky odpovídáme věcně.
- Odpovědi mají očekávanou délku a obsahují vhodnou slovní zásobu.
- Odpovědi zahrnují fakta o tématu Ireland.
- Odpovědi jsou vhodně odůvodňované a zakončené.
- Angličtina je na očekávané maturitní úrovni.
Maturitní otázky zaměřené na názory- téma Washington D.C.
1. Would you like to travel to Washington D.C. one day? Why? / Why not?
Yes, I would like to travel to Washington D.C. It is the capital of the US, so it is definitely worth visiting. There is a lot to see.
2. Have you ever watched a movie which takes place in Washington D.C.? Tell me about it. / Why not?
Yes, I have watched many movies that take place in Washington D.C. For example Borat, Forrest Gump, Mission Impossible, X-Men, Transformers, National Treasure, and Night at the Museum.
3. Which place in Washington would you like to visit? Why?
I would definitely want to see the White House, the seat of the President. Then the Lincoln Memorial, which is located across from the Washington Monument, and of course I would like to visit the Capitol. Also, I would like to go to the Library of Congress, the world’s largest library.
4. Would you like to live in Washington D.C.? Why? / Why not?
I am sure it is a nice city, but I wouldn’t like to live there. The cost of living there is one of the highest in the US. Also, since it is the seat of government, there are many political demonstrations and scandals.
5. If you travelled to Washington D.C., would you visit other cities nearby? Tell me about it. / Why not?
I would probably travel to Philadelphia and New York. To Philadelphia, it is 3 hours by car, and 4 hours to New York.